Monday 24 March 2014

Vintage Mother

Good evening all

I received a message last night from my cousin asking if I could make her a Mother's Day card.  The problem with this is that it has to be posted and I am at work all week, leaving very little time.  I should be more prepared for this, as she always leaves it to the last minute to order from me.

Anyway, I have spent my afternoon off making this for her, I hope she likes it.  I have used the colour theme of brown and blue in a vintage style.


I have started with a square piece of white card stock and embossed it using the Die'sire Embossalicious Regency Swirls embossing folder.  This has then been inked using the Adirondack Earthtones Espresso Ink Pad, I have also distressed the edges of this card to make it look older.

I have then taken a free background cutting file from Birds Cards which I have cut from brown Centura Pearl card using my Cameo Silhouette.  This has been placed over the embossed background and then both of these layered onto blue Centura Pearl.


Using the Spellbinders Majestic Labels Twenty-Five die, I have cut and embossed a large shape from the blue Centura Pearl and a small shape from white card with the sentiment "Happy Mother's Day" printed onto it.  I have then added pearls using the Cosmic Shimmer white PVA glue.

The image is a free digital stamp from Beccy's Place which I have coloured using ProMarkers, cut out and layered onto the background using Pinflair Glue for dimension.


The flowers have been made by stamping the Heartfelt Creations Sun-Kissed Fleur using the same expresso ink pad onto the blue Centura Pearl.  These were then cut out using the matching die, shaped, layered and a brown flat back pearl added to the centre.

I have also added to Sweet Juliet flowers cut from the same blue Centura Pearl, shaped and held together using a pearl brad.


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Creative Inspirations - Vintage / Shabby Chic
Addicted To Stamps And More - Make Your Mark
As You Like It Challenge - Favourite Colouring Medium (My favourite has to be ProMarkers, they are so easy to use and blend perfectly)
Sentimental Sundays - Flowery Springtime
Emergency Crafters - Flowers
That Craft Place Challenge Blog - Flowers And / Or Mother's Day
Imagination-Crafts Challenge Blog - Imagination In Bloom
The Crazy Challenge - Flower Frenzy
Digi Stamps 4 Joy - Vintage

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment