Sunday 20 July 2014

Vintage Rose

Good evening all

The first day of my holiday, I thought I would spend crafting, my mojo on the other hand had other ideas, it has taken me all day just to make one card.  This card is a request from one of my colleagues at work for her friends birthday.  As my obsession at the moment is the Heartfelt Creations flowers, I decided to base it on these.


I have started with square piece of patterned digital paper which I have layered onto white card stock with the edges coloured using ProMarkers because I didn't have any card in a matching colour.  I have used this technique for all of the matting and layering.

Next, I have added to two panels of matching patterned digital paper and wrapped a piece of lace around the background.


From my computer, I have printed off the sentiment "Birthday Wishes Sheila" and to add interest, I have used my white Cosmic Shimmer PVA glue.


All of the flowers have been made using the Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms stamp and die set.

I have stamped out four sets onto patterned digital paper using Perfect Medium and heat embossed with Wow Silver Pearl embossing powder.  Next I have cut them out using the matching die and shaped each petal.  I have used three different shaping techniques to produce different flowers.  I have also cut out the matching stamen from the die set.  In the centre of the flowers, I have added pearl beads.


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Sketch n Stash - Sketch 86
Love To Create Challenge Blog - Petals And Pearls
Loves Rubberstamps Challenge Blog - Use Fabric (Lace)
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Lots Of Layers
The ABC Challenge - P Is For Pearls
Mema's Crafts - Make It A Duet

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment