Sunday 17 August 2014

Sending Love And Sympathy

Happy Sunday

My card today is the second of two sympathy cards which a colleague has ordered from me.  A couple of weeks ago, I made a wedding card for a very sad occasion, the couple were renewing their wedding vows before she die from cancer.  I am told that it was a beautiful day and one that I'm sure her Husband will cherish forever.

My colleague has now passed on the sad news that she has passed again last Saturday.  I can only hope that sharing their wedding renewal has given her Husband a little comfort.


I have embossed a square piece of white card stock using the Die-sire Embossalicious Regency Swirls embossing folder from Crafters Companion.  This has then been mounted onto pink Centura Pearl card leaving a small border around the edge.

Next, I have taken a panel of the same card stock and embossed it using a cross pattern embossing folder which I don't have a name for.  Again, this has been mounted onto pink Centura Pearl and a pale pink organza ribbon wrapped around it.


From my computer, I have printed off the sentiment "Sending Love And Sympathy" onto white card and cut this into a panel.  Next, using a floral stamp from Crafty Individuals, I have stamped with Perfect Medium and heat embossed using Wow Opaque Bright White embossing powder.

This panel has then been inked using the Tim Holtz Distress Ink Victorian Velvet ink pad.


The flower has been made using the Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms set.  I have stamped onto white card using Perfect Medium, heat embossed using the same white embossing powder and cut out using the matching die.  Next, I have coloured the petals using the same distress ink pad, shaped and layered the petals to form one flower.  Into the centre of this, I have added white beads using Pinflair glue.

This flower has been placed onto a pale pink bow made from the same organza ribbon.


To finish, this has then been mounted onto the card blank and a border around the edge added using Cosmic Shimmer White PVA glue.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Sketch n Stash - Sketch (Neglected Stash - Crafty Individuals Stamp)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Sassy Studio Designs - Stack It Up
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
The Squirrel And The Fox - Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity - Something Old (Stamp)
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
The Sisterhood Of Crafters - Favourite Colour (Pink)
Moving Along With The Times - Feeling A Little Vintage
Art Impressions Rubber Stamps - Show Off Your Sentiment
Scrapbook Blessings Club - Anything Goes
The Corrosive Challenge Blog - "B" Unique (Blooms, Bow, Beads)

That's all for now.

Teresa
x

No comments:

Post a Comment